Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Can you Squat & Pee?

When my kids were weaned off diapers, a new problem emerged. I had to follow them to the toilet each time, and most times, it was a mad sprint to the nearest one (we’ll discuss that another time!)

Besides safety, one other reason for following bringing them to the toilet is ensuring cleanliness. I’m not referring to the child’s cleanliness…it is the toilet’s I’m concerned about! Blessed are you with boys only, and more blessed are you with boys who don’t poo in public!

Have you seen the filthy seats in some toilets? It helps me hone my bladder control! I just rather hold it all in and go home or another building! But kids can’t. My solution?

squat-toilet-new

But guess what? ALL my kids do not know how to squat!!

CIMG0868

Sorry correction. They know how to squat, but they do not know how to squat/pee or squat/poo! Look at the picture carefully (from left):

  • Nadine is trying hard to balance that’s why she’s a little blurred.
  • Nathan is enduring the pain in his calves that’s why the angst look.
  • Nicole…you can’t see her bum, it’s close to touching the floor!

And when I try to get the girls to pee squatting, everything gets wet: Shoes, skirt hem, panties, ankles … Mind you, I’ve not told you about me trying to keep them from falling into the bowl!

I spoke to a friend, we concluded that we could cos many of us grew up with squat toilets at home. This generation got it easy. And she told me it is NECESSARY to teach them how to use a squat toilet. When we go traveling, not every country has the usual toilet seat. When all the ‘seat’ cubicles are occupied. When you are out in the jungle (?!??)

I’ve decided. I’m going to train the girls when they bathe. “Darling, can you squat and try to pee into the gully trap?” As for Nathan, can I just leave it to daddy to teach the man thing—whatever it may be?

CIMG0881 final

 

 

 

 

 

 

8 comments:

  1. Haha! This post is funny! ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahha~ this post is so funny!
    I hate public toilet too! So far I only have a few incidents that DinoEgg has to do his business in the public toilet. Not a very good experience for both of us. I will carry him facing out, looping my arms at the back of his knee, butt aim out n then ask him to quickly do his business before my arms breaks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DinoMama, haha yes, I've done that but not anymore cos they are all so heavy! You have STRONG arms!! :)

      Delete
  3. Haha...is wise of you to train the children to quat & pee. Beside cleanliness and hygiene, you can "cut queue" too ....nowadays, not many ladies know how to use quat toilets. A plus point to survive in S'pore culture. PP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes! Cut queue cos no one else wants to squat!

      Delete
  4. I always thought squatingin toilet should come very natural. There was once i need to bring ah boy to poo and there is only the squating toilet available. Jared really dont know how to squat and he is so afraid of dropping into the toilet bowl. I got to hold him in a half squat position. After he poo, I developed cramps on my thighs :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha what I thought natural was clearly not for them! :) I can imagine your leg cramps!! cos we still ahve to keep our balance!!

      Delete
  5. Can train them squatting on the toilet bowl n do their business! Soon they will master the art of squatting in squat toilet.

    ReplyDelete